Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy Sankranthi/Pongal

It is the Sankranthi / Pongal season. Sugarcanes are everywhere! We enjoyed taking the kids out yesterday to buy sugarcanes, fruits, and flowers for today's pooja. The roads were filled with festive joy, with people buying all the pooja items and enjoying the sugarcanes. I loved buying strings of jasmine, tuberoses, chrysanthemum, roses, oleanders etc for the pooja room.

Sugarcanes and Flowers
It was fun to actually decorate the pooja room with sugarcanes. I was never really into festivals, but since the arrival of our first child I have changed a lot in this regard. Now, I actually look forward to celebrating the different festivals with the kids. And when we are amongst people who are also celebrating the same festivals, it is really fun!

Happy Sankranthi/Pongal ..... from our home to yours!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pongal! Very interesting blog and very useful!

Chitra said...

Thanks for your wishes! I hope you had a fun time too.

I am glad you find the blog useful! Hoping to cover all aspects of life in Des, specifically Bangalore.

Pradeep Nair said...

Thanks for the good wishes; and Happy Pongal...!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Chitra -

First of all, Happy Pongal!

We're from bay area (CA) and in the process of moving back to Hyderabad.

We found your blog while searching for R2India information.

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences. Believe me, it's very useful.

Once again, Thanks for taking time to do this.

We wish You and Your family a wonderful life. Keep doing the good work.

Srinivas
Fremont, CA, USA.

Chitra said...

Pradeep, thanks for your wishes too. I have blogrolled you. :)

Srinivas, welcome to my blog and thanks for your feedback. I am really glad the blog is helping you. I have also realized that I am thoroughly enjoying to write it. It has been an enriching experience.

Please let me know if there is any topic in particular that you want info about, that is generic to returning to India and not really Hyderabad specific, 'coz I am not familiar with Hyd at all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chitra,

This is a wonderful blog. My wife & I talk about moving back home to Bangalore (from Chicago) and this throws some light on what awaits us at our bengalooru. Keep it going. It'll inspire a lot of us to come back home!!!

-Sri.

Chitra said...

Sri, welcome to my blog. Thanks for your comment. If there is anything in particular that you would want to know about, pl do email me.

Anonymous said...

Chitra,
I was looking for some information really at a point where you guys were still deciding on whether its here or back in india.
Can u share some thoughts , conversations and some key things which started to lean towards india.
thanks

Unknown said...

Call +91 98451 70927 or Email: spark@littleelly.com Little Elly the concept Playschools and kindergarten in Hsr layout . Little Elly caters to children in the age group of 2-5 years and provides Day Care Facility also. Now little elly provides Exciting Summer Camps are offered at all locations during this summer.

Unknown said...

Hi, Your Blog is very innovative.....